Today we were learning about shadows and time.
This morning I thought that when night comes you cannot see your shadow. I found out that it can get smaller.
This morning I thought the shadow will turn around. I found out that it does and it kept shrinking.
This morning I thought that it would follow you. I found out that it moved around and it got longer.
This morning I thought the shadow would disappear because the sun would go somewhere else. I found out that it didn't disappear but it turned around.
This morning I thought that the shadow would move to ta different place. I was right.
This morning I thought that it would go away because the sun would go down.
I found out that when the shadow gets smaller and turns around.
This morning I thought the shadow would move. I found out that it did.
This morning I thought the shadow would turn around. I found out that it did.
This morning I thought the shadow would go away. I found out that it turns around.
This morning I thought the shadow would follow you around. I found out that it can shrink.
This morning I thought that the shadow would get wider. I found out that it go smaller and it turned to the side.
This morning I thought clouds would come and hide the shadow.
I found out that the shadow actually shrunk.
This morning I thought that the shadow would get bigger. I found out that it can shrink and it can move.
This morning I thought it would get darker. I found out that it stayed the same colour.
This morning I thought through the day the shadow will move. I found out that I was right and it also shrunk.
This morning I thought the shadow was going to get bigger. I found out it shrank and every time I went to check it moved to the side.
This morning I thought that when you tried to stand on the shadow it will move. I found out that every time we looked at it, it had shrunk. We had to do our lines again.
This morning I thought the shadow will go away as the sun goes down. I
found out that shadows over time can go bigger or smaller.















WOW how many happy kids measuring their shadows in such a gorgeous day!
ReplyDeleteMiss Postma, how did the shadows shrink? I had a lot of fun doing this today. Why did we do this instead of something else?
ReplyDeleteFrom Luke B.
Hi Luke,
DeleteWe looked at shadows today because next week we will be learning more about time. Shadows help us understand that time moves and changes through the day because of the sun.
Your question about shadows changing is a great one - lets look at this together in class.
I love that you are all curious about your world and ask lots of questions! Your predictions are spot on too. I predict some future scientists and mathematicians will come from Room 4!
ReplyDeleteHi Miss Postma. Yes I can talk to you and the class about the question. I hope the thing about time is as cool as the shadows thing we did.
ReplyDeleteLuke B.